LakeCity4sale is a great place to connect with buyers & sellers. We strive to make it as safe as possible by taking precautions to eliminate known & potential scams by reviewing ads submitted to the website. There are precautions that you may take as well to ensure you have a safe buying & selling experience. Here are some tips to remember:
- Buy & sell locally. Don’t accept deals requiring shipping & escrow services.
- Don’t buy items you have not see & touched.
- Only scammers will “guarantee” a transaction.
- Meet in person at busy, well-lit locations–never in secluded areas. You may arrange to meet in our parking lot between 9am-4pm.
- For large items in which someone must come to your home, make sure you are not alone and do not invite them inside. When going to their home, do not go alone. Have a cell phone with you.
- Don’t accept checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks.
- Don’t wire money.
- Don’t give out personal information such as your financial information.
- And remember, if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t!
For more information, visit these links:
Where to report a scam:
- HelpDesk (specific to advertising on the USA4sale network)
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
- The Federal Trade Commission